Skip to main content

You don't know everything. How to change your beliefs?

Hi and welcome to my second post. As you can see posts are going to be everyday, I forgot to tell you this in my last post haha. So hope you'll get some value and you'll enjoy yourself. Let's get going!

We go through life with certain beliefs. Most of them were created when we were young and unaware of it.  And of course beliefs make our thoughts, which make our actions and our whole reality.


 For example I used to think that I'm not enough, that I'm not worthy, because my birth father doesn't want to have contact with me. And then as I was thinking that I'm not enough I was holding myself back in many situations and I couldn't express myself, tell what I'm really thinking and I just basically I was afraid of being myself. So I believed that I'm a shy person and that's just who I am. I thought that I am trapped in this "cage" forever and that I'm going to be miserable forever. I used to think that there's something wrong with me, when it's just my father that's afraid to know me or whatever reason why he doesn't want to see me. But that's not really the point why.

The point is that you shouldn't blame yourself. You don't have to carry this baggage all the way through your life. You can just let go.
I know, easier said than done. So here's what helped me let go of my limiting beliefs:
  • Becoming aware of them. When I was feeling low, when I was holding myself back I started to notice the pattern. I was thinking what could couse that. When I got to the point when I created a certain belief, I stopped blaming myself. I stopped blaming anyone. I think of it as a lesson. Nothing happens without a reason. Life doesn't happen to you, it happens for you.  
  •  I've made a list of those things. When you have this on paper you can just see them and realize that you don't have to be this way anymore. 
  • Get some help. One of my best decisions was to go the psychologist. It's always good to talk to someone, who can understand you and that will try to help you. You'll feel less alone. And I know it's not easy, but trust me, opening up to someone about your problems is really helpful. You don't have to go through this all by yourself. It get so much easier when you talk about your problems. You feel understood and it's so much easier to let go and overcome.
  • Meditation. I know it can still to some of you sound like a weird thing, but I think it's the best way to calm down and just observe your thoughts. Because of meditation, I understood that thoughts are just thoughts. They are not me. Most of them are on autopilot and I was thinking the same things everyday over and over. I'm not saying that I don't have anymore those thoughts. Of course I have them. Just like all of us. I just started to becoming aware of them and just feeling sooo much better. Here's the meditation that I recommend you try. I mean just try. You won't lose anything, it can only get better.

So yeah, you don't know everything. I don't know everything. There are still a lot of things that I'm holding on to, but everyday I try to be aware of them and finally overcome them. Your mind is lying to you. Don't listen to everything it says. Just observe it. It's just a machine on autopilot that you can always reprogramme. Change is not easy, but as you try it'll become easier and you'll feel so much lighter.

If you have any questions, comment section is always open. You also can always write me an e-mail or message on Instagram or Twitter. Wherever you want.

Lots of love, and have an awesome day,
Miley Young♥

Comments